Download the Real time Modulation and Demodulation Models
You can download from the links below:
This is the last post of Amplitude and Demodulation using Texas Instrument DSK 6713 and I will try to windup all the important aspects of the term assignment. We have already discussed a simple simulink model of both Amplitude Modulation and Demodulation. You are recommended to see them first. Lets start with the basics.
We will make use of function generator and an oscilloscope. Both will be connected to the TI C6713 on line-in and line-out connectors. Frequency of Carrier Signal is fixed at 15 kHz while the message signal is varried from the function generator. Since DSK C6713 ensures realtime simulation, once the message signal is varied we will see on oscilloscope that modulated signal is also varying. Lets discuss different steps involved.
C6713 Simulink Model - Amplitude Modulation
• Open a new simulink model and library browser
• Using Embedded Target For TIC6000 DSP menu select C6713 DSK Board Support.
• Using the Embedded Target For TIC6000 DSP tool in the library browser, select C6713 DSK Board Support and add ADC for Line In, DAC for Line Out and Reset Switch. You can extract all these from Simulink Library Browser.
• Implement the simulink model of AM as: You can also download from here.
• Message signal Line in parameters and carrier signal parameters can be set as following. This is very important. Set ADC Source as Line In, Sample Rate 19kHz, Word Length 16-bit. Amplitude :1.
Amplitude of the message signal can be change through function generator (up to 5KHz), whereas, frequency of the carrier signal is 15KHz.
• The output modulated signal observe in oscilloscope is:
C6713 Simulink Model - Amplitude De-Modulation
• Target the device in the similar manner as done above in amplitude modulation.
• A low pass filter has been designed in the FDA Tool in such a way that only the frequency of the message signal (5 KHz) is allow to pass through filter.
• Design the low pass filter using FDA Tool in Matlab.
• Export this filter to the simulink model
• Implement the simulink model of the demodulation. Click to enlarge please or download it from here.
• Run the model and observe the output at the oscilloscope.
This project named “AMPLITUDE MODULATION USING MATLAB SIMULINK AND TEXAS INSTRUMENT KIT C6713”, in all respect is the property of the following personnel who undertake this project as the term project in EE
- Muhammad Ahmed
- Jamal Ahmed
- Muhammad Faisal
For any queries feel free to contact